10 Best Electric Body Massagers: The Ultimate Guide!
- By: Editor
Muscle sprains, soreness, and injuries are quite common. Either you are an athlete or spend most of your day sitting on your desk for work; you will experience muscle strains and spasms at some point in your life. Muscle aches can significantly impact our lifestyle, and thus, it is important to heal the spasms and soreness quickly. One of the most effective ways to deal with regular spasms is by using body massagers.
Body massagers are highly effective in healing body aches and also combat stress and fatigue. The electric body massagers are known to stimulate blood flow and increase flexibility. Available at an affordable price, these massagers are even better than a spa treatment or physiotherapy. So if you are looking for a high-end massager, here are several options to consider.
Top 10 Best Electric Body Massagers
1. Massage Gun Deep Tissue Percussion Muscle Massager for Pain Relief
This handheld massager deserves a spot in this list as it is one of the finest portable massagers to relieve pain from specific areas. This percussion massager relieves tight muscles and reduces soreness while relaxing the muscles. Either you are an athlete or a sportsman; this massager will help you recover from muscle soreness. The massager offers 20 adjustable speed settings to cater to your needs. The vibrating massager features 6 different shaped massage heads to offer a relaxing massage to various body parts and glide effortlessly through the bony areas too. It also features a 2400mAh high-end rechargeable lithium battery that provides 6 hours of working time and takes 1.5-2 hours to get fully charged.
• Features a safe and speedy 24V brushless motor
• The quiet glide and noise reduction technology causes low noise
• 20 adjustable speed settings offered for a customized massaging experience
• Lightweight and portable 2.1lbs device
• 6 hours of battery life and 1.5-2 hours of charging time
• LCD touch display control to adjust the speed
• Different heads to target spine, neck, head, arms, larger muscle groups or the whole body
• May stop working after an extended useBuy on Amazon
2. Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
While deep tissue massagers can improve the range of motion and improve flexibility, this handheld massager offers effective therapy with variable intensity to relieve pain in the neck, back, shoulders, and different areas of the body. The restoration power of deep tissue massagers is intense, and you can use this massager to reduce fatigue and soreness from joints too. The massager comes with 4 unique attachment heads. These attachment heads that include a 4-finger flex to mimic the sensation of finger and hand massages, a flat disc for better coverage, a deep muscle ball for relaxation, and an acupoint head for pin-point relief from soreness. These unique heads are effective in healing arthritis pain, muscle strain, and muscle knots.
• Features a long sleek handle to reach areas like lower back, shoulders, neck, etc. easily
• Therapeutic grade massager to release pressure points and promote blood flow
• The massager effectively heals inflammation, muscle soreness, and fatigue
• Comes with a 9 feet cord for better flexibility during use
• Helps you recover from injuries and promotes an active lifestyle
• The head is narrow and delicate and thus breaks off easilyBuy on Amazon
3. HoMedics Percussion Action Massager with Heat
Regular massaging can significantly improve your health, and this action massager is engineered to heal sore muscles and offer personalized comfort. The massager comes with 2 sets of interchangeable nodes, dual pivoting heads for added benefits and heat feature to repair strained or sore muscles. The lightweight and travel friendly massager will easily fit in your travel bag and will help you stay active while traveling. Unlike the other massagers, this dual head massager also offers the heat feature so you can use the heat feature along with the casual function to relax the muscles effortlessly. When the red heat nodes are exposed, the heat feature offers maximum benefits. Plus, the ergonomic design with a comfortable handle makes maneuvering on different body parts easy.
• The pivot heads move in and out while the percussion nodes move up and down for intense and deep massage
• 2 interchangeable nodes are provided for a personalized experience
• 4-speed settings are also provided so you can massage as per your needs
• The massager has integrated controls so you will never lose a remote or change batteries
• Plugs into a 120v outlet
• Lightweight and travel-friendly compact massager
• The massager does not have a separate vibration functionBuy on Amazon
4. Sonic Handheld Percussion Massage Gun
If you feel that nothing can mimic the sensations of finger and hand massages, try this sonic handheld massage gun that features 5 intensity levels and 5 massage heads to offer a world-class massage experience. With this massager, you can adjust and choose the speed, target small or large muscle groups, and soothe the achy muscles. This high-penetration massager improves athletic performance and offers flexibility. The massager is a noiseless device and will work effectively for 3-6 hours. Its rechargeable lithium battery and a quiet brushless motor makes the massager quite and lasting. Plus, the massager comes with an easy to use guide using which you can run the massager effectively within minutes.
• Provides Single-handed operation with a convenient grip
• 3-6 hours of enhanced run time
• Features a quiet brushless and effective motor
• Targets multiple muscle groups at the same time to offer deep percussion massage
• Comes with 5 massage heads and 5 intensity levels
• Comes with an easy guide
• The gun is quite bulky
• Lowest impact grade may feel painful on delicate areasBuy on Amazon
5. ScripHessco Muscle Master Handheld Variable 2 Speed Electric Massager
Take a deep breath and use this high-end electric massager to heal your sore muscles. If you spend hours sitting on the desk and working on your laptop, this handheld electric massager will help you get rid of body pain. The massager comes with a heavy-duty handle and rubber grips for convenient use. Therapists and chiropractors use the massager for relieving and soothing achy muscles. The massager features an easy-to-use design and comes with double speed intensity control features for added comfort. Set the unit to low for treating mild aches while to treat extreme soreness in specific areas, and you can use the deep penetrating mode that will effectively melt away your pain within minutes.
• Engineered to provide oscillating movements to improve blood flow and reach muscles
• 6-pound lightweight and portable massager
• Made using high-quality metal handles with durable rubber grips
• Comes with high and low-double intensity speed control features
• Features a comfortable and super soft padding
• The long electric cord is secured
• May feel bulkier on some body partsBuy on Amazon
6. RENPHO Rechargeable Hand Held Deep Tissue Massager
Apart from relaxing and contracting the muscles, the massager also improves skin elasticity and also heals chronic pain. If you are looking for a cordless and versatile massager, this deep tissue massager is worth giving a try. The massager is entirely cordless, offers a stimulating sensation that relieves pain, and reduces muscle soreness. You can recharge the massager any time you want with its power adapter. It’s potable and is FDA certified. The massager is rechargeable, offers reliable and powerful 3600 pulses per minute for reducing fatigue. Plus, it features 5 interchangeable head attachments. The massager comes with a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts for around 140 minutes. Its cordless design makes the product more maneuverable and convenient to use.
• 5 interchangeable massaging head attachments
• Cordless design for convenience
• Travel-friendly and portable deep tissue massager
• Specially designed for pin-point targeting and massage
• Auto shut-off after 20 minutes to prevent overheating
• The battery takes time to get fully chargedBuy on Amazon
7. PUREWAVE™ CM-07 Dual Motor Percussion + Vibration Therapy Massager
If you are looking for a versatile and multi-use massager, this one is an ideal option. The massager features a dual motor design and can be switched into a percussion wand for gentle and mild massages. The massager easily gets charged within an hour and works effectively for 2 hours and more. Plus, its sleek and long rubber handle offers a better grip. The massager is lightweight and is only 1.5 pounds. Thus, you can easily carry it in your travel bag while traveling. The massager has 6 attachments for massaging the sore muscles. A pointed star head, a point stick head, a disc, a star-shaped head, a mushroom-shaped head, and a chrome-covered disc are offered for different uses.
• For gentle and extreme messages it features a dual function motor
• To massage a specific group of muscles, 6 attachments are provided
• Lightweight and travel-friendly massager
• Ergonomic design that smoothly glides on bones and muscles
• Recommended by therapists and chiropractors
• The charger is not highly durable
8. MIGHTY BLISS™ Deep Tissue Back and Body Massager
Avoid your trips to the spa and physiotherapy centers and use this handheld electric body massager to reduce fatigue and muscle soreness. The massager offers quick relief from spasms and knotty muscles and is powerful enough to stimulate blood flow in the achy regions. Its 3700 RPM percussion motor instantly relaxes muscles and cramps while the 6 unique massage heads will allow you to control the pressure and intensity of the massage effectively. The cordless and lightweight design makes it more comfortable to use. The massager easily fits in travel bags and can be used for home therapy. The built-in lithium rechargeable battery lasts for around 120 minutes.
• The battery gets charged within 60 minutes and lasts for more than 2 hours
• Cordless, lightweight and slim design
• 3,700 RPM percussion motor to relieve cramps quickly
• Relaxes muscles and improves blood flow within minutes
• Has a longer battery life
• The massager has a loud annoying noiseBuy on Amazon
9. Snailax Cordless Handheld Back Massager
You can use this portable and handheld massager while doing any other activity and get rid of body pain within a while. The massager is cordless, rechargeable, and also features a heating function to offer deep and effective massage. The massager features a lithium battery, so you don’t have to plug it while using it. The cordless design makes it usable at the home, office, in the car, or wherever you need it. The percussion massager is ideal for targeting neck and shoulder strain but can also be used on various body parts. The heated massage feature soothes away pain with the heat and infrared light. It spreads warmth on the body to relax the tension and reduce inflammation or pain. The acupuncture disc or bristle attachment offers the best sensations and relaxes achy muscles.
• Comes with 4 interchangeable heads
• Also features 3 automatic massaging nodes and adjustable speed settings
• Lightweight and compact design
• Features pulsating and continuous modes for efficient massaging
• Comes with a simple instruction manual
• The heat feature doesn’t offer needed warmth
10. TheraFlow Handheld Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
This one is a promising massager that comes with different heads for percussion, kneading, acupoint, and shiatsu for offering deep relaxation and triggering painful areas effectively. This is a corded massager consisting of 3 attachment heads made using silicone and is highly flexible and easy to put on. The massager is designed for regular use and, thus, features a sturdy design; the massager comes with a long power cord so you can use the massager flexibly. Plus, the variable massaging intensity along with its 3 head attachments makes it the ideal tool for acupoint, shiatsu, or scalp massage.
• Strong percussion action to target painful areas and provide instant relief
• Customizable product with 3 head attachments
• Massage intensity can be changed as per your requirement
• Comes with an extended cord for better use
• Robust and lasting battery
• The motor of the product makes it heavy
• The handle of the massager is too shortBuy on Amazon
How to choose the best Electric Body Massager
To get the best results and soothe your achy muscles, you will have to select your massager carefully. Before investing in a massager, here are the things you need to consider.
There are 2 types of massagers available in the market these days, corded or cordless. The corded massagers come with a cord and thus are less mobile or versatile. On the other hand, cordless massagers are portable and travel friendly.
If you need a massager always, even while traveling, it is recommended to buy a cordless massager so that you can easily fit it in your bag and use it anytime and anywhere. If you buy a corded massager, make sure that the length of the cord is more than 6 feet so you can easily use the massager while resting on your couch or bed and not in an uncomfortable position.
Most of the massagers these days come with unique massager heads. Some massagers come with 2-3 heads while some massagers come with 6 different heads for offering kneading, scalp massaging, facial massage, percussion, etc. Make sure that the massage heads are made of rubber or silicone and can easily glide through the muscular and bony areas of your body.
The massaging heads with acupoint pins are effective in relieving pain and soreness on the neck, shoulders, back, and such achy areas. Thus, look at the type of massaging heads before buying a massager.
Type of Massage
The massagers are built to offer percussion, heating, vibrating, and acupressure. Analyze your requirements before choosing a massager. If you want a massager for deep injuries and strains, percussion massagers are good. For daily massaging and spa, the massagers that offer vibrations and acupressure are great. Some massagers also offer massaging heads for all types of massages, so pick the one that is customizable and caters to your requirements.
Apart from this, you can check other factors such as weight of the massager, battery charging and usage time, usability, and other functions to pick the right massager that suits your needs.
We all know that therapies and spa treatment can be costly. Plus, these options do not offer a permanent solution to muscle body pain, and thus, body massagers always make an ideal option. These are the best electric body massagers that you can try and get your healthy and active lifestyle back.